Friday, November 12, 2010

Appointment number 2

So, we had our 2nd appointment the other day and it was quite possibly the shortest Dr.'s appointment I have ever been to. We got to the clinic, checked in and sat in the waiting room for a little bit, gotta love that! Then they take me back weigh me, take my blood pressure and tell me to go pee in a cup. (No problem there!) So, I get back to exam room expecting to have another in depth appointment and I hear, "Should we listen to the baby's heartbeat today?" The Dr. asks as she comes into the room. Well, heck yeah! That's almost as exciting as getting to see the little thing (which I thought we were going to get to do). She whips out the Doppler machine and begins to tell me how it's usually pretty hard to find the heartbeat when they're so small. "But don't worry," she says, "I'll be patient and we'll find it." Not two seconds later you could hear the heartbeat! It was so amazing and a very tender moment. The tears never hit my cheeks, so "technically" I didn't cry but it was definitely an emotional moment. Then, just like that it was over. That was my whole appointment!! I asked a few questions and we left. I think all total it took about 20 minutes once we got into the exam room. But at least we know the baby's heartbeat is strong and everything is going well. So, that's my story of our 2nd appointment. I'm hoping at our next one we'll be able to talk the Dr. into scheduling and ultrasound before we leave for Christmas, and that the baby will cooperate, so we can find out the sex. They don't usually do it until 20 weeks but they can do it any time between 18 and 20 and I'll be a little over 18 when we leave. So keep your fingers crossed for us!

1 comment:

  1. I remember going in expecting a long appointment and being shocked that it was such a short one. Most of them are that short,and seem kind of pointless, but are worth it when you get to see the baby or hear the heartbeat! You should bring them treats or something to sweet talk them into doing your ultrasound before you come for Christmas! That would be so fun! Then we could throw you a little shower when you are here! love love

    ReplyDelete