Thursday, July 1, 2010

Tanning

I haven't really been out in the sun, able to get a really nice tan, the one that lasts you through the winter, in over a year. Last summer I was in Alaska and whenever I was outside I was sportin the neoprene waders and a jacket so there was no sun touchin my skin. Before that it was winter, not much sun, and the summer before I was in Montana and had pretty good color. So, I figure it's been closer to two years since I've had a decent tan.

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that I could see pretty much every vein in my legs and arms, not something I was used to, so I mentioned it to Mac. He kindly told me that it was because my skin had gone beyond pale and was now virtually translucent! I decided he was probably right when every time I went to church and saw my reflection in the doors and was appalled at my legs and their lack of any sign of pigmentation.

So the other day I went and bought a tanning package and tanned for the first time in a long time. It was glorious! So, I'm hoping that after a few weeks I never see my veins again!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't tanning great?! (I mean other than the whole skin cancer thing) It is like a little shot of "happy" everytime you go. I am glad you are going tanning so you don't forget what the sun is while you are living in good old Alaska! Love you!

    ReplyDelete