Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"Missing" Teeth

I know what you may be thinking from the title and I can assure you, Mac and I both have all of our teeth in tact. My reason for this post is a little reminiscent...

On Sunday I was subbing in Primary for Sandy Kroll, she teaches the 6-7 year olds. Anyways, they are quite a rambuncious class but were definitely a lot of fun. We learned about missionaries and how we can all be missionaries everyday. Then on to sharing time. Of course got beat to the "big" chair, no big deal, I'll just sit with my knees tucked up to my chin. So about half way through sharing time Madison Jarrell, who was in my class, turns to me and says with pure excitement, "My toof fell out!!" (puts it in MY hand) "It just came right out, I didn't even feel it!!" Her eyes twinkled with the prospect of a gift from the tooth fairy. I gave it back and told her to put it in her pocket so she didn't lose it. On the way home I told Mac about how I kind of missed losing teeth. It was always exciting and nerve racking all at the same time. Would it come out easy or would I have to tie a string to it and slam the door?!?! So we then began talking about ways that we had our teeth pulled. Just to name a few:

  • Yank it

  • Non-stop wiggling

  • Tie floss or other string to your tooth and the door and proceed to slam the door. (Talk about anxiety!)

  • Bite into an apple (I did this once and it hurt like crazy because the tooth was out on one side but the other side still had a firmly attached root. So as I bit the tooth tried to go into the apple but instead pivoted on the secure root and dug into my gums. Definitely no pleasant! I woudldn't recommend this one)

  • Tie floss or string to your tooth and a heavy object and drop off something relatively high. (We never did this one but I saw it on a movie once and thought it was kinda cool)

  • Anymore? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment